Go Dukes!

I am so excited to announce that I have been chosen as a member of the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!  You can see my projects and those of other fantabulous crafters at 
The Fantabulous Cricut Challenge website!  I am linking up to their page for the "Something New" challenge this week. 

As many of you know, my husband and I graduated from James Madison University.  This weekend, they won the FCS Championship.  We are pretty excited at my house! When I realized when the game was, it was too late for me to order new spirit wear, so of course, I had to make my own.



I turned to my new Cricut Explore Air 2 (Santa was very good to me!).  Using the Extreme Fonts cartridge I linked to the new machine, I put it all together in Cricut Design Space. The T-shirt came from Michaels (less than $3.00 with the coupon!) and the fabric came from the quilt I showed you last time.  



Choosing the "canvas" I wanted, a medium ladies t-shirt, I could choose colors and placement for the design.  It was pretty cool. 

I ironed some Heat n Bond Ultrahold on the back of the fabric before I cut it (apparently the "Lite" version is not strong enough, based on what I read).  Another thing to remember before cutting is to click the box to reverse the letters.  Helpful tip: Just like cutting fabric with fabric scissors, use a Cricut blade that you only use for fabric.  It doesn't have to be a special blade, just one that you have not used for paper. 

Next time, I think that I will be a little more brave and layer the letters.  The possibilities are endless! I really enjoyed trying out my new machine with a new technique!




Thanks for stopping by today!  Go Dukes! 

~Cynthia


Comments

  1. Very cute print you used - fun project! Love how the cricut saved the day and you were able to create your own shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a fun project!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being on the Design Team. I'm a new member too. Love the shirt. Great job! And congratulations for your teams win too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda and Congratulations to you too!

      Delete
  3. Cynthia, this was so fun! I like it when we create useful things that others appreciate. You did just that and shared your great talent as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny! I can see me using this technique a lot in the future!

      Delete
  4. I love that you made your own fabulous shirts for the game! Thanks for sharing those great tips, especially to keep one blade for fabric only! I'm so glad you've joined the FCCB team :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Karla! I am so excited to be a member of such a creative group!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts