Cheers- A Glittery Tutorial
- Glasses (I bought the wine glasses from the Dollar Store, the Champagne Glasses are from Target.)
- Glitter (You may remember the Glitter Library from this post. Martha Stewart also has an amazing array of colors and types at Michael's.)
- Spray Craft Glue (I used Elmer's Craft Bond from Michael's.)
- Clear Sealant Spray (In this case, Valspar from Lowe's or Home Depot, I have had it for awhile.)
- Painters Masking Tape (I really like the 3M tape shown above.)
- Also, newspaper, a sheet of paper (any scrap will do), and tarp or plastic.
Tape off the area of the glass that you do not want "glittered". To make sure that I did not get any on the cup section I taped and then covered in newspaper and then taped again. If you are glittering part of the cup, as I did with the champagne glasses above, be sure to leave at least an inch at the top of the glass without glitter. Spray the unblocked stem (and part of the glass if you desire) with the spray adhesive.
Quickly sprinkle generous amounts of glitter on the glass. Do not be afraid to use a lot of glitter! Be sure to do this over a piece of paper so you can gather the extra to use again. Just pour it back in the bottle!
Once you have thoroughly glittered the glass, spray on the sealant following the directions on the can. You may have to do several light coats. Allow to dry and then remove the paper and tape.